- Managed multiple domestic & international projects to build, customize and deploy mail sorter machine systems worth about $3 million dollars (each machine project with a half million dollars budget).
- Managed cross-functional teams comprising Pre-Sales, Analysts, Hardware Engineers, Software Engineers, Production engineers, Servicing etc. Worked closely with the United States Postal Service for system certifications and compliance with United States Postal Service standards.
- Gather and Implement requirements based on design specifications.
- Provide maintenance support on existing code.
- Develop industry leading application architecture.
- Develop features and functions used by thousands of clients in industries such as retail/direct marketing, travel, and enterprise.
- Research problems discovered by QA and develop solutions to the problems.
- Managed multiple concurrent Web development, EDI, integration and migration projects in supply chain and logistics, encompassing project planning, forecasting, stakeholder communication, issue resolution and risk management.
- Built prduction support teams and infrastructure for corporate systems.
- Jumpstarted a high profile, long-running infrastructure and software upgrade project involving 30 major systems with thousands of components.
- Coordinated efforts of 45 team members from various departments of merged/acquired companies and parent company, revamped project execution strategy, achieved sign-off on all items, divided production deployment into 2 phases, and assembled SWAT teams on 2 shifts.
- Successfully implemented the infrastructure and software upgrade without any service disruption.
- Formulated and rolled-out production support process, centralized and automated issue logging, and worked with PMO, business community, Helpdesk, Operations and QA teams to effectively prioritize and resolve issues.
- Significantly increased timely resolution of production issues with minimal impact on the execution of ongoing projects.
- Major contributor to the setup and implementation of the PMO processes and procedures introduced enterprise-wide.
- Mentored OCG's development team, the PMO and senior management to develop a tailored methodology based on a blend of Rational Unified Process and Scrum. Developed the following deliverables.
- Requirements Management Plan: The Requirements Management Plan was developed based on best practices from RUP, Scrum agile methodology adopted by the project and current OCG processes tailored to best fit the project environment, culture and the organization’s desire to move toward CMMI level-3 compliance. The plan defined the process on how requirements will be documented, organized, traced and managed for Claims project. It included managing various documents provided by the vendor such as the data dictionary. It defined requirement types and templates used, attributes such as priority and risk and version control on the various artifacts. The plan was used to train all project team members on how requirements were managed on the project.
- Requirements Management Technical Proposal: This document offered technical solution options to store and manage the new Claims system requirements. It also included RequisitePro presentation to OCG to demonstrate how to use it to meet the project needs.
- Helped develop Enterprise Requirements Engineering Process, Training material
- Managed a half-million$ Web development project to meet a tight deadline to complete requirements gathering, Use Case development, Architecture Prototype and Proposal for developing a web application to enable 4100 member stores maintain their inventory and prices via Web.
- Assembled a team of highly qualified professionals and the project on track after a few old key team members including project manager left the project for various reasons.
- Implemented the project methodology based on Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Provided technology direction to this Microsoft .NET technology based B2C e-Commerce online jewelry retailer start- up, including platform and tool selection.
- Led business analysis, design, development, Technical Architecture, Database Design and Administration, QA, deployment and security processes. UsedRational Unified Process (RUP) methodology to manage project from inception to transition.
- Negotiated with web site hosting companies to work on a tight budget, yet offer enough bandwidth to support projected Web site traffic and networking infrastructure.
- Utilized LiveStats for site traffic data, reports and analysis and CyberSource for order, payment transactions and fulfillment.Smoothly integrated data from jewelry manufacturer into Website, with eventual goal of building a real-time B2B interface using BizTalk server.